|Peter Lynch is America's number-one money manager. His mantra: Average investors can can beat the pros by using what they know. According to Lynch, investment opportunities are everywhere. From the supermarket to the workplace, we encounter products and services all day long. |
By paying attention to the best ones, we can find companies in which to invest before the professional analysts discover them. When investors get in early, they can find the "tenbaggers," the stocks that appreciate tenfold from the initial investment. A few tenbaggers will turn an average stock portfolio into a star performer.
In One Up on Wall Street, Lynch offers easy-to-follow advice for sorting out the long shots from the no-shots by reviewing a company's financial statements and knowing which numbers really count. He offers guidelines for investing in cyclical, turnaround, and fast-growing companies.
As long as you invest for the long term, Lynch says, your portfolio can reward you. This timeless advice has made One Up on Wall Street a #1 bestseller and a classic book of investment know-how.
• How to prepare yourself as an investor
• Take advantage of what you already know
• Invest in companies, not in the stock market
• Ignore short-term fluctuations
• Having an edge will help you make money in stocks
• The type of stocks to avoid
• Understand 6 different categories of stocks
• A quick checklist for each category of stocks
• How to design a portfolio
• Twelve silliest things people say about stock prices